Brought to us by Taste of Home, this chicken mango skewer is a great option for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner, with tons of flavor!
3 MEDIUM EARS SWEET CORN
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges, optional
Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute cut corn until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup green onions. Keep warm.
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Alternately thread chicken and mango onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until chicken is no longer pink, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with corn mixture; sprinkle with remaining green onions. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
1 skewer with 1/2 cup corn mixture: 297 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.