Looking for a quick healthy snack? Dinner At The Zoo brings us these delicious pinwheels. A rainbow of veggies and chicken are combined with ranch spread on a rolled tortilla to make healthy and delicious pinwheel sandwiches.
- 4 large tortillas
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese (can use light)
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch powder (you can also use store bought)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (optional)
- Mix together the cream cheese and ranch powder until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the 4 tortillas.
- Leaving a 1 inch border on all sides, lay out 2 tablespoons of each vegetable in rows across the tortillas; top with shredded chicken.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly; if the ends don’t stay shut you can add a bit more cream cheese to seal. Cut crosswise into pinwheels and serve.
Make Ahead: The pinwheels can be made the day before you plan to serve them.Little Helpers: The kids can actually make these themselves with your supervision, just give them a spoon or spatula to spread the cream cheese instead of a knife.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4825IU | Vitamin C: 55.9mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1.7mg
The post Rainbow Veggie Pinwheels appeared first on Geneva Financial Home Loans.